Monday, July 25, 2011

Things to do and stuff to see

In a couple of weeks I get to visit my sister in Toronto and I am excited as all get out about both seeing her and the Abstract Expressionist Exhibit currently running at the AGO.  This is the first-time ever that so many works have been collected together and traveled  from the MOMA for an exhibit.

I am especially looking forward to the show, because it seems as though every time I am in New York it is just my luck that the MOMA is closed for renovations, or some such annoying thing. In addition to Gorky's Garden in Sochi (above), the collection is 100+ works strong, including de Kooning, Kline, Pollack, Motherwell, and Krasner, among others.  The exhibit runs until  September 4th.


Speaking of art, this summer I have been leisurely browsing through Linda McCartney's Sixties: Portrait of an Era. This is a can't miss coffee table book not only for the exquisite quality of the photographs but for McCartney's playful eye cleverly documenting the decade.

I especially love this picture of Paul, Stella and James

 

The Grateful Dead


No comments:

Post a Comment